People in Western countries are fond of tanned skin, but in Eastern countries, tanned appearance is not appreciated much as they suppose it to be unattractive and unaesthetic. With the rush of summer, many people complain about sun tanned skin.
The production of melanin is increased in the body due to the ultraviolet rays of the sun and resulting into sun tanned skin. If you want to get relief from the sun tanned skin; read the home remedies for sun tanned skin given in this article. Though, it is not easy to get rid of sun tanned skin, but with patience and some care, it can be achieved soon.
Natural Remedies for Sun Tanned Skin
The following are a few tried and tested remedies for sun tanned skin:
1. Yogurt: Yogurt is quite effective in managing dark skin due to sun tan. It helps cool the skin as well as also tightens the skin pores and reduces redness. To apply yogurt, follow the given method:
- In a cup of plain yogurt, add juice of one tomato and one cucumber.
- Now, add half cup of bengal gram powder and mix it properly.
- Apply this mask on the face and other tanned areas of the body leaving for half an hour.
- After half an hour, wash with luke warm water.
This is an effective home remedy and follow it for a few weeks. You can also apply plain yogurt on the tanned skin before bath daily for best results.
2. Lemon juice: Lemon contains natural bleaching properties which makes it quite effective against sun tan. You can choose the following methods to cure sun tan with lemon:
- Simple take out a few lemon drops on palm and apply it on the tanned skin and leave it to dry before washing with water.
- You can also add some sugar to the lemon juice and apply to the tanned skin for two to three times a week. Sugar is one of the best cleansing agent.
3. Potato: If you apply raw potato on the sun tanned skin, it will work wonders as it is an excellent remedy for sun tan and also soothes sun burn. It works as a natural bleach as it is rich in vitamin C. Follow the given methods to rectify sun tan:
- Take out the skin of 3 medium sized potatoes and chop into cubes and blend it to make smoothie.
- Apply this potato paste on the sun tanned skin and leave it to dry for half an hour and then rinse off with cold water.
- You can also mix lemon juice for best results.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is the best home remedy for cooling and soothing the sun tanned skin. If applied daily, it will also help tighten the skin pores, cleanse and nourish it as it is the best moisturizing agent available in nature. Follow the given methods to cure sun tan:
- Before going to bed, apply aloe vera gel on the affected areas.
- Wash the skin thoroughly in the morning.
5. Cucumber: Cucumber helps cool the skin and remove sun tan effectively. The juice of cucumber helps eliminate sun tan as it is rich in vitamin C and its water content helps moisturize the skin effectively. Follow the given methods to cure sun tan:
- Take one tablespoon of lime juice with two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice. Also, mix a pinch of turmeric and apply this on the sun tanned skin. Leave for half an hour and then rinse with water.
- Alternatively, take some fresh cut slices of cucumber and apply on the skin.
6. Bengal Gram Flour: Bengal gram flour is an effective cleansing agent. Follow the given methods to help cure tan skin:
- Mix two tablespoons of gram flour with a pinch of turmeric and make a paste with 1 tablespoon of powdered orange rind and 1 tablespoon of milk and cold rose water.
- Apply this pack on the tanned skin and leave for 20 minutes.
- Slowly rinse off the pack sprinkling water on the dry areas of the pack and rub in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
This pack should be applied once in two days for getting rid of tan effectively.
7. Papaya: Papaya is rich in some enzymes which helps skin renewal due to proper exfoliation of the skin. It also helps restore the skin’s moisture, makes it soft and causes its whitening. Follow the given methods to remove sun tan with papaya:
- Mix 1/2 cup of ripe papaya pulp with one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this pack on the affected skin and leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse well with water.