Rough hand is a common problem in women. Below are few easy home remedies for rough hands:
- Use of petroleum jelly could do wonders for this problem. Rub your hands with it and wrap it in plastic for 10 to 15 minutes. In this time the jelly would be absorbed in your hands and would soften it up. Repeat once every day and within a week you could see the results. Alternatively you could also apply it in night and wash your hands in the morning.
- Add cornstarch in a bowl of warm water and mix it well. Soak your rough or scaly hand in this water for 5 minutes. Regular treatment like this will soften your hands
- Rub your hands with sugar and lime juice. The sugar granules will exfoliate and the limejuice will lighten the skin. It will also soften the skin
- Rub your hands with a mixture of sugar and olive oil for 1 minute. Wash it off
- Massage your hands and palms with 1 tsp of sugar and olive oil for 2 minutes. Let the skin soak the oil for 3-5 minutes than wash with mild soap after that. Do this in the night before going to bed for better results
- You could also massage your hands with a mixture of sugar, cream and lemon 1 tsp each for 5 minutes. Sugar should get dissolved in the process. Wash palm with mild soap. You would love the new softened hands
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar in half cup of curd and mix thoroughly. Soak your palms in this mixture for 5 to 10 minutes. Wash it with mild soap and dry with soft towel
- Apply pure aloe vera on your hands before going to bed. It would not only smoothen the skin of hands but would also get rid of any type of skin damage due to sun, cracked skin etc.
- Cook raw oats and put it in a small tub of warm water. Soak your hands for 20 minutes. Repeat this every day till you get the desired results
- Massage your palm with coconut oil before going to bed and wear gloves. You would be surprised by the results next morning
Prevent getting Rough hands
- Apply petroleum jelly in your nails before doing messy jobs. This will prevent dirt from getting lodged
- Wear gloves while washing utensils or when your are working with detergents to prevent this problem
- Whenever your hands are exposed to liquids of any type for longer duration, moisturize it with baby oil