Blisters can be formed not only by a fire burn. Even our life giving sun has the ability to give blisters to you! Sun blisters are a result of prolonged exposure to sun. A question can quiet normally arise. Why does it happen and is it same for everyone? The simple answer to the question is, it is not same for everyone and that it happens because the intensity of the harmful sun rays exceeds the protective capacity of the melanin (a black pigment in our body that protects us from the harmful ultra violet rays of sun). People with dark complexion have higher concentration of melanin than the fair and this explains why fair people are more prone to sun burns and sun blisters.
There is a long list of home remedies that can be effectively used to cure sun blisters. The list of those treatments is given below with a hope that they will be able to help you in case of sun burns and sun blisters.
- Dehydration can have burning and itching effect on the sun blister. Avoid dehydration by consuming a lot of water.
- Applying cold compresses dipped in a solution of vinegar, ice and water can help in extracting out the heat and cure the sunburn and blister.
- Apply a mixture of mashed tomato and some crushed ice on the blister for instant relief.
- Apply a thin sandalwood paste on the blister. This help!
- A mixture made by mixing two teaspoon tomato juice and one teaspoon buttermilk can be applied on the blister. Leave it in the affected area for half an hour and wash off. It helps in quicker healing.
- Apply a mixture of two teaspoon vinegar and two teaspoon olive oil on the blister for half an hour and then wash it off. This is another helpful treatment.
- Rubbing of fresh cold cucumber slices on the blister helps in fast healing.
- A paste made of barley; yogurt and turmeric (all three in equal proportions) can be applied on the blister for its treatment.
- Lavender oil can also be used for treating the sun blisters. Apply some lavender oil on the burn area and spread it with the help of a soft clean tissue. This will help in quick healing of the blister.
- Put some vinegar on a cotton ball and rub it on the blister very gently. This is very effective and can heal the sun burn very quickly.
- Take a stalk of pulp of live Aloe Vera and apply it over the sun burn. The aloe vera contains aloectin B which is known to stimulate the immune system and thereby help in faster cure of the blister.
These home remedies can be used to help and cure the sun blister. In case it does not help you always have a second option open. You can visit a skin specialist!