Posted on July 3, 2008 in General Remedies
Ants are often considered as unwanted guests in a house, though these little creatures play a vital role in maintaining ecological balance. But if they have forcefully entered your house, you need to open a war front against them to save your food and children as well. In this regard, there are many tried and trusted home remedies to kill ants.
- Vinegar: The white vinegar is known as a good weapon for man to fight against army of ants. You may spread this liquid in every corner captured by ants and this will help you to get rid of ants forever.
- Cucumbers: Apart from offering health benefits, cucumber is also helpful in relieving your home from the attack of ants. The taste of this salad ingredient is unpleasant for these ants and thus, they are more than happy in leaving your home.
- Mint: You may use mint tea bags as well as mint leaves to keep your home safe from ants. You may dry the leaves and crush them to be spread in different areas prone to ant attack. This is a recommended home remedy to kill ants.
- Soap: The ingredients of bath soaps are not good friends of ants and thus, you may always keep the soap water ready to spray at every entry point of these ants. This will definitely help you to remove these uninvited guests from the home.
- Peppermint oil: It is yet another wonderful remedy for restricting ants entering your home. You may pour this oil in all the corners of rooms and kitchen to put a barrier for ants to enter these places.
- Grits: You may spread grits at every place, where you want the ants to disappear from the scene. You will find that ants are not able to withstand grits and will die in few hours.
- Borax: Another great remedy to get rid of ants is available in the form of borax, mixed with sugar solution in water. This is again recommended by people across the globe as an effective solution for killing ants.
- Salt: You may spread salt around the corners and on hives to repel ants from entering the homes. Also, you may also prepare salt solution in boiling water and pour the solution in different corners of the house.
- Cinnamon: This spice is another great remedy for letting the ant to move out of your house. You may just spread cinnamon sticks on the path followed by ant troops to enforce them to match back.
- Chili powder: You may spread the chili powder on the nests and hives surrounding your homes and it will provide a line of control for the ants to enter your house.
- Grease: The grease acts as a poisonous barrier for the ants to enter your house. They might get attracted towards grease first, but will soon bounce back to get away from this sweet poison.
- Bay leaves: You may also consider spreading Bay leaves across the various tracks of ants. This will definitely make them move away from their paths.
» Filed Under General Remedies
Leave a Reply