Home > General Remedies > Home Remedies For Itchy Skin of dogs
Posted on July 4, 2008 in General Remedies
Your loving companion might be irritated and down because of itchy skin, especially in hot summer weather. Your pet needs special attention from your side to recognize the skin disorders and treat them with most effective remedies. For this, you must be aware of most popular home remedies followed across the world to treat itchy skin. Here are few remedies you may follow at home to treat skin problems of your pet related to itching.
- Epsom salts: Providing a cool bath to your dog is the most effective remedy for relieving it from itchy skin. Also, you may add Epsom salts to the water to make it more effective. However, you must make sure that your pet doesn’t drink this water.
- Oatmeal: Just like Epsom salts, you may also add oatmeal to the bath tub for your dog. It will help to fight the allergic reasons for your dog’s itchy skin.
- Baking soda: Baking soda must be mixed in cold water and should be used to wash the area of dog’s skin, which is most prone to itching.
- Fish oil: You may also add fish oil to the diet of your dog to provide remedy for the itchy skin. It will definitely work inside your pet’s body to enhance immunity against skin itching.
- Emu oil: The emu oil must be poured over the food of your pet to relieve its skin from severe form of itching. You may find this special oil at different pet shops and online stores.
- Apple cider vinegar: The mixture of apple cider vinegar with water also helps in bringing down the itching of your dog’s skin. You may apply this mixture to the infected area with the help of a clean towel.
- Aspirin: You may mix aspirin tablets in rubbing alcohol and also prepare a mixture of tea in water. After that, you may take these two mixtures together and apply them over infected areas with the help of a cotton ball. This is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for itchy skin in dogs.
- Essential oils: There are many essential oils available with you, which are quite effective in treating the skin itching in not only the pets, but also in humans. For instance, lavender, tea tree and white thyme are few oils, which are considered as best home remedies for itchy skin in a pet.
- Removing fur: In extremely hot weather conditions, it is a good idea to remove excessive hair and fur from the body of your dog. The excessive fur may result in development of fungus and parasites and also, may cause more sweat than normal situations. Thus, removing these excessive hair definitely take the toll of itchy skin.
» Filed Under General Remedies
Leave a Reply