Home > Foot Care > Home Remedies For Heel Spurs
Posted on July 5, 2008 in Foot Care
Heel spurs are abnormal extension of bones present in heel to cause discomfort and pin, along with inflammation in the affected area. The people with active lifestyles and those belonging to sports field are more prone to this type of disorder. Also, the lifting of heavy objects may also lead to this problem. In order to fight heel spurs, there are number of home remedies popular in various parts of world.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Whenever a body part experiences discomfort, it is apple cider vinegar which always lends a helping hand. In case of heel spurs too, one may find it as the most significant home remedy. You may cut a paper in the shape of heel and soak it in apple cider vinegar. You may wear this regularly for 4-5 days and find relief from heel spurs.
- Orthopedic molds: These products are available in abundance in market and are quite effective in treating heel spurs. All you need to do is to place these molds under the heel in your shoes regularly and you may feel relieved from this abnormal situation.
- Borax solution: Borax solution is found to be an effective home remedy for treating heel spurs. You may soak your feet regularly in this solution to feel the difference in pain and inflammation within few days.
- Chlorinated water: The water containing chlorine is also helpful in taking away the pain and binging down the inflammation caused in the area.
- Molasses: The mixture of molasses with apple cider vinegar and baking soda is also considered as the home remedy for external treatment of heel spurs.
- Cabbage leaves: The green fresh cabbage leaves are also recommended as a useful remedy for the treatment of heel spurs at home. You may wrap these leaves around affected area and place a paper wrap around it.
- Coconut oil: The massage of coconut oil, along with intake of coconut capsules, is helpful in relieving the heel from pain and discomfort.
- Ice pack: The application of ice pack around affected area is quite helpful in reducing the pain and also works on the muscles to relax them and reduce the inflammation.
- Cheese cloth: The cheese cloth dipped in linseed oil is also a great home remedy for the treatment of heel spurs. You must wrap this cloth around the heel and make sure it stays there for few hours.
- Curcumin: The yellow pigment of turmeric called curcumin is also helpful in treating heel spur. You may consume 500 mg of curcumin empty stomach in the early morning.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed pack must be applied regularly to the affected area to bring down the pain as well as inflammation from the heels caused by spur formation.
- Calcium: The consumption of foods rich in calcium are counted as great home remedies for treatment of heel spurs.
- Alfalfa tea: You may take alfalfa tea on regular basis and more than twice a day. By doing so, you may experience decrease in pain and discomfort level.
» Filed Under Foot Care
Leave a Reply