Posted on January 25, 2009 in Eyes Home Remedies
Dark rings around the eyes, generally indicative of ageing process are referred to as baggy eyes. They are unattractive and most people who suffer from them do not like them.
Causes of Baggy Eyes
- Thyroid problem can cause baggy eyes. If one has an overactive or under active thyroid one must consult a doctor.
- With age skin loses out on its elasticity, thus causing baggy eyes.
- Poor nutrition also affects the elasticity of the skin resulting in baggy eyes.
- Smoking also causes baggy eyes. Even passive smokers can suffer from it.
- Lack of adequate sleep.
- Watching a lot of T.V. even during late hours.
- Poor nutrition.
- Water retention.
- Not applying facial creams properly.
- Cosmetics that cause allergies.
Remedies for Baggy Eyes
People with baggy eyes try to get rid of them in many ways. Skin around the eyes is extremely sensitive and one has to be careful about the kind of treatment one wants to go in for to remove baggy eyes. How to remove bags near the eyes?
- Quite a few go in for surgical methods, but the procedure is very expensive.
- Herbal products are also preferred, but they have limitations. One has to look into other factors, which could be causing baggy eyes.
- A gel will revitalize the collagen as well as the elastin of the skin, which help prevent baggy eyes.
- One needs to take extra Vitamin C supply to improve the collagen. It is better to consider a Vitamin C product, which contains bioflavonoids (viamin P).
- Avoid tiredness. This causes baggy eyes. One must get adequate sleep.
- A supplement of grape seed oil on daily basis will be good to prevent eyestrain.
- Avoid watching too much of T.V. like late night shows, which will keep you awake and cause eyestrain.
- Soak pieces of cotton wool in rose water and place them on the eyelids before you go to sleep.
- In the day time close all your drapes to prevent excessive light in the room, which cause eyestrain.
- One can place cooled ( in the refrigerator after hot water has been poured on them,) boiled teabags on the eyes.
- Yogic eye exercises can also help.
- One can also go in for eye exercises. Fluid retention should be avoided as it can cause baggy eyes. One must try to investigate the underlying medical condition and have it treated.
- Salt also causes water retention. Try to cut down on it.
- It is good to go on a detoxifying diet. One must, of course, consult one’s doctor before doing so.
- Smoking and secondary smoke can also affect eyes. Get a lot of fresh air.
- One need to select cosmetics that do not cause allergies.
- One can go in for facial massages.
Baggy eyes can make you look awful. It is part of aging process as well. One can try getting rid of them by proper usage of cosmetics, getting adequate rest and proper nutrition. One must relax a lot as today’s modern life is full of stresses and strains.
» Filed Under Eyes Home Remedies
Leave a Reply