Home > Skin Care > How to Lighten Acne Scars?
Posted on January 29, 2009 in Skin Care
One would like to have a clear complexion. Acne can mar our looks. They are sharp – sided pits or depressions, which cause swelling of the tissues around the infected spots. Teenagers often face acne problem. Skin pores get clogged and prevent natural oils to flow to the surface of the skin, which get mixed up with bacteria present beneath the skin surface. One needs to lighten these scars, so that one can look good. Why not try some of these quick methods for treatment of acne scar marks?
Ways to Lighten Acne Scars:
- One can make use of lemon, which is a bleaching agent
- One can go in for microdermabrasion, wherby sanding of the skin is done by making use of ultra-fine crystals of almuninum oxide and abrasive agents such as silicon granules and diamond dusts. This method has a light effect on the acne scars and promotes growth of the skin and makes it look good. Do not try this yourself. One should go for expert help.
- The other option is dermabrasion. In this method the top skin layers are removed with the help of high speed rotating wire brush or with the help of diamond coated wheels. Due to this method some part of the skin surface is reduced or rather wears down.
- Laser resurfacing involves the use of light consisting of high energy, which is used to burn off the damaged top layer of the skin. It also tightens up the middle layer of the skin, making it smooth and free from scars. It takes 4 – 10 days for the skin to heal completely. This is, of curse, very expensive.
- Collagen injections can also be made use of. Of course, they can cause allergic reaction.
- One can try Vitamin E oil of the face skin. This has been an effective method for some people.
- One should take plenty of antioxidants in the form of minerals and vitamins.
- Different face washes with collagen are available, which when used can reduce wrinkles and the skin look younger. These also prevent the appearance of skin scars.
- One can rub camellia oil gently on the acne scars to get rid of them.
- A yoghurt mask can also help lighten acne scars.
- Emu oil also helps in lightening acne scars.
Home Remedies to Lighten Acne Scars, Treatments for Acne Scars Marks:
- One can use ice cubes to tighten the skin pores. Rub them on the face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cucumber juice also helps in lessening acne scars. Apply the juice on the face for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Potato juice can also remove acne scars. Potato has potassium, phosphorous, sulphur and chlorine. Use raw potato as it consists of “live organic atoms”.
- Rub tomato on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
One need not bear the discomfort of acne scars. One can try out a suitable remedy that suits their convenience and purse. After all, one would like a clear complexion and it is worth the try to get rid of acne scars. One has to decide for oneself how to lighten acne scars the best way possible.
» Filed Under Skin Care
Leave a Reply