Home > Health Tips > Effects of Lack of Exercise on the Body System
Posted on February 6, 2009 in Health Tips
Exercise is very essential to keep the body fit. The body has to be toned up regularly. Exercise helps improve overall vitality and makes one feel energetic and vibrant. In case, you do not exercise, then your health gets affected in many ways. How does lack of exercise affect your health?
Effects of Lack of Exercise
- The transfer of oxygen through blood to the cells gets affected.
- One can face the risk of cancer. Active people face less risk.
- One can suffer from Diabetes. Insulin sensitivity is increased due to lack of exercise.
- One can suffer from obesity, which leads to several health problems.
- One can suffer from heart diseases.
- One can suffer from stroke. Regular exercise lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk of blood clots and raises HDL cholesterol.
- The chances of suffer from cognitive decline or dementia are less in active people.
- One loses out on muscle mass if one does not exercise regularly.
- Regular exercise prevents osteoporosis. And lessens the chance of a bone breaking.
- It leads to obesity. One tends to put on weight, which can have negative effect on health. The risk of heart attack and Diabetes is there.
- Mental Health- Those who do not exercise regularly are prone to depression. Active people are less likely to suffer from depression. Also, the self – esteem remains high if one exercises regularly. One feels fit, both physically and emotionally.
- Regular exercise helps in boosting the immune system.
- It can lead to fatty liver disease known as hepatic steatosis.
- Increased risk of injuries.
- Elderly face loss of balance.
One must exercise regularly. Lack of exercise can lead to serious health problems. One must follow a regular regimen of exercise. It is good to stay healthy and fit.
» Filed Under Health Tips
Leave a Reply