Coconut water is very refreshing in the summer. It has a sweet taste and many people on holiday at several beach resorts drink it. It is also used in many recipes. Incidentally, coconut happens to be the fruit of coconut palm.
Coconut water is not only tasty, but has also properties that are health promoting. It is less carbohydrates, less sugar, and is 99% free of fat. Let us have look at other health benefits:
What are the Health Benefits of Coconut Water?
- The body retains its coolness and temperature that is proper.
- The body gets orally re-hydrated and contains all the required isotonic beverages.
- It carries oxygen and nutrients to the body.
- The immune system gets boosted.
- Helps in weight loss.
- The body fluids gets replenished naturally after exercise.
- Raises the metabolism.
- Fights the viruses and detoxifies.
- Diabetes gets controlled.
- The digestive system gets cleansed.
- Helps the body in fighting viruses such as herpes, AIDS and flu.
- Less risk of cancer.
- Urethral stones and kidney can be treated.
- Improves circulation.
- Contains less sodium.
- It has more potassium.
- Coconut water is good for the functioning of the kidney.
- It is useful in the case of urinary bladder problems.
- Useful for re-hydration.
- Contains less fat.
- Contains no cholesterol.
- Natural balance of magnesium and calcium as well as sodium and potassium.
- An electrolyte drink.
- Refreshes and revitalizes on a hot summery day.
- Stabilizes electrolytes.
- A useful source of fiber for diet.
- Can improve good cholesterol (HDL).
- Free from contamination. Useful while traveling.
- Beneficial for those suffering from acidity.
- Heart burn, sluggish digestion during pregnancy can be taken care of by drinking coconut water.
Coconut water has many beneficial properties for good health. People enjoy the taste as well. It is very refreshing on a hot day and many have to too cool themselves down during summer.