Posted on February 9, 2010 in Ear, Nose & Throat
Ear discharge refers to the drainage of pus, blood and ear wax from the ear. It is also known as Ottorrhea. It can be caused by infection or minor irritation. A ruptured eardrum can cause bleeding. Though natural remedy for ear discharge is effective I would not recommend you to take this up. Ear is a very delicate organ and you should not take any of below natural remedies for ear discharge before advice from doctor. Natural treatment for ear discharge methods below is just for informational purpose and you should use them at your own risk.
Home Remedies for Ear Discharge
Mentioned below is some of the effective home remedies for ear discharge:
- Put some spirit in the ears. It will stop the discharge.
- Take mustard oil ( 250 millilitres ), amalaki ( 10 gm), ginger (10gms), neem leaves (10 gm), kabila as well as black pepper, blue thota. Warm up the oil, add all the ingredients except the kabila. Once the oil gets warmed up and the essence of the ingredients has seeped into the oil, add the kabila. Strain the oil. Put few drops of the oil into each ear once in a day. The discharge will certainly stop.
- Take mustard oil ( 200 millimeters) of mustard oil and ratanjyot (10 gms). Warm it up. The rantanjyot gets burnt, take it off from the flame and filter it. Put about 2 drops of the oil into each of the ear daily. It will effectively stop the discharge.
- Burn little alum till it swells up. Add turmeric powder. Put the mixture into the ears.
- Mix some amount of rasaut in breast milk. Add sufficient honey. Put in the ears. This happens to be a permanent solution to the discharge.
- Blend the juices of saal and bankayas. Add some honey to it and mix it well. Put about 2 to 5 drops of the mixture into each of the ear.
- Take some cow’s milk that has been freshly extracted. Add some methi oil (fenugreek), which has been warmed up a bit in the same milk before. It is useful in stopping the discharge.
- Warm up some onion juice and out it in the ears drop by drop. Put around 4 drops in each of the ear each time.
- Some drops of breast milk from a healthy woman who is lactating can be put into the ear of the infant.
- Fresh air is essential. Lots of sunshine is good for the ear.
Ear discharge can cause much discomfort and can trigger off worry and concern. One can try out the home remedies to deal with it.
Causes of Ear Discharge
Symptoms of Ear Discharge
- Oozing of fluid. There is white, yellow bloody discharge from the ear.
» Filed Under Ear, Nose & Throat
Leave a Reply