Posted on April 21, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Brewers yeast is used for the preparation of beer. It can be used for nutritional supplements as well. Many people are very conscious of their nutrition and are conscious of what they take. There are lots of brewers yeast benefits and we are going to discuss some of them here.
Benefits of Brewers Yeast
The top Benefits of Brewers Yeast are:
- Rich source of minerals.
- Contains a lot of protein.
- It also contains B-complex. The vitamin B1, B2, B5, B6, B9. These vitamins help in breaking down fats, carbohydrates as well as proteins, which provide one’s body with much energy. They also help in supporting the nervous system and also maintain the muscles for proper digestion. These vitamins help in supporting the nervous system.
- Can lower LDL bad cholesterol.
- The chromium in brewers yeast helps in blood sugar control.
- Chromium also helps in losing body fat, although diet and exercise helps much more.
- It can also improve acne.
- Reduces the risk of skin cancer.
- It helps those who have difficulty in sleeping. The Niacin and Vitamin B6 that is found in the yeast, produces brain chemical serotonin, which is useful for a restful sleep. It is also useful in treating diarrhea.
- The Niacin present releases energy from carbohydrates to maintain a healthy skin as well as nervous system.
- It helps get rid of fatigue.
- Can be used as a nutritional supplements.
- It is useful as antioxidants as it helps in getting rid of toxins and free radicals.
- Good source of selenium. This prevents hypothyrodism, goiter, hyperthyroidism.
- Improves the functioning of the immune system.
- Contains amino acids to repair as well as build tissues, muscles, bones as well as cartilage.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases, such as strokes as well as heart attacks.
- Helps in hormone as well as enzyme production.
- Enhances the physical appearance of the person.
- Promotes healthy cell renewal as well as regeneration.
Brewer’s yeast has several benefits for maintaining good health. It is no doubt mainly used to make beer, but it contains a lot of nutrients which are essential for good health.
» Filed Under Food & Nutrition
Leave a Reply