Papaya is a very tasty fruit and many like to have it raw. It is not only tasty but there are many health benefits of papaya juice. It is indeed a very nutritious fruit. It is also not very expensive and is easily available. In the US it is much recommended fruit for good health.
Papaya, also known as Fruit of Angels, is a pear shaped fruit grown in Tropical regions abundantly. Typically, it is about 7 to 20 inches long and it is usually available in the market all year around. Papaya is considered a rich source of valuable nutrients like Vitamin C, Carbohydrates, Potassium, Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin K and Vitamin E. Papaya juice has numerous health benefits apart from its delicious taste.
Top Papaya Juice Benefits
Digestive Property: Papaya is a rich source of Papain, a digestive enzyme. Papaya juice boosts the digestive system and acts as the best natural remedy to get rid of constipation problems. In addition, it also aids in prevention of colon cancer.
Maintaining Cardiovascular Health: Papaya juice contains antioxidants in abundance, which makes it a great ingredient to prevent cardiovascular problems. The antioxidants present in papaya juice fight high cholesterol and prevent cholesterol accumulation on the arterial walls. Thus it significantly reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Skin Care: The antioxidant properties of papaya juice are useful for treating skin problems. It helps in controlling premature aging sings in teenagers, provides the skin with natural shine and makes the skin look young and flawless.
Pain Relief: Papaya juice immensely benefits women who have irregular menstrual cycles. It regulates the cycle and relieves menstruation pain. Regular consumption of papaya juice helps in lowering inflammation in different parts of the body. It is known to be beneficial for people suffering from osteoarthritis and asthma.
Rich Vitamin Source: Papaya juice is rich in Vitamin C which makes it the best natural food that boosts immunity system. It is an effective remedy for curing cold and provides quick relief from runny nose or sneeze. Consuming Papaya juice is the best way to overcome Vitamin A deficiency.
Maintaining Lung Health: Papaya is a boon for smokers; it helps to negate the harmful effects of smoking and keeps the lungs healthy and well functioning.
Some of the other Benefits of Papaya
Below are some of the top benefits of papaya:
- It is contains a lot of proteolytic enzymes. These chemicals help in the digestion process of protein. Papain is an important enzyme in the papaya . It is extracted and dried and made into powder and is used for aiding digestion.
- It is beneficial for controlling premature ageing.
- It is also used as meat tenderizer.
- It has rejuvenating properties.
- It is also beneficial for male fertility.
- It is good for the heart.
- Papaya also contains a lot of carotene.
- It is a very good source of Vitamin C.
- After using antibiotics. It is good to take papaya as it restores the normal bacteria in the gut area which needs to be restored again after the anti-biotic treatment.
- It can be used for several digestive disorders.
- One can also use it as part of one’s treatment of cancer.
- The papaya skin is very useful for treating wounds.
- The pulp of this fruit can be used as a poultice and for treating wounds externally.
- It contains Vitamin A, C and E.
- Papaya contains Folic Acid.
- The fruit also contains lot of potassium, copper, beta-carotene, phosphorous, calcium, iron, fiber.
- One can make a smoothie out of it.
- If taken regularly it can control blood pressure as well as cholesterol.
- It can help in preventing strokes.
- It is also beneficial in fighting heart as well as bowel disease.
- It clears one’s complexion.
- It provides relief for stomach distress.
- Helps relieve one of diarrhea.
- One also gets relief from heartburn.
- Papaya concentrates are low in fat. They do not contain too many calories.
- It does not contain any saturated fat.
Papaya is good for health. One can have it on a regular basis, at breakfast time or even after dinner or whenever one likes it. It contains a lot of nutrients.