Posted on April 27, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Papaya is a very tasty fruit and many like to have it raw. It is not only tasty but there are many health benefits of papaya juice. It is indeed a very nutritious fruit. It is also not very expensive and is easily available. In the US it is much recommended fruit for good health.
Health Benefits of Papaya and Benefits of Papaya Juice?
Below are some of the top benefits of papaya and health benefits of papaya juice:
- It is contains a lot of proteolytic enzymes. These chemicals help in the digestion process of protein. Papain is an important enzyme in the papaya . It is extracted and dried and made into powder and is used for aiding digestion.
- It is beneficial for controlling premature ageing.
- It is also used as meat tenderizer.
- It has rejuvenating properties.
- It is also beneficial for male fertility.
- It is good for the heart.
- Papaya also contains a lot of carotene.
- It is a very good source of Vitamin C.
- After using antibiotics. It is good to take papaya as it restores the normal bacteria in the gut area which needs to be restored again after the anti-biotic treatment.
- It can be used for several digestive disorders.
- One can also use it as part of one’s treatment of cancer.
- The papaya skin is very useful for treating wounds.
- The pulp of this fruit can be used as a poultice and for treating wounds externally.
- It contains Vitamin A, C and E.
- Papaya contains Folic Acid.
- The fruit also contains lot of potassium, copper, beta-carotene, phosphorous, calcium, iron, fiber.
- One can make a smoothie out of it.
- If taken regularly it can control blood pressure as well as cholesterol.
- It can help in preventing strokes.
- It is also beneficial in fighting heart as well as bowel disease.
- It clears one’s complexion.
- It provides relief for stomach distress.
- Helps relieve one of diarrhea.
- One also gets relief from heartburn.
- Papaya concentrates are low in fat. They do not contain too many calories.
- It does not contain any saturated fat.
Papaya is good for health. One can have it on a regular basis, at breakfast time or even after dinner or whenever one likes it. It contains a lot of nutrients. Other then the raw and cooked form of papaya, there are lot of health benefits of papaya juice too.
» Filed Under Food & Nutrition
Leave a Reply