Home > Skin Care > Home Remedies for Blotchy Skin
Posted on July 17, 2010 in Skin Care
One inherits the skin color. Some people are dark and some are fair. In our present society, fair skin has a high premium value. Those who are dark are usually ridiculed or looked down upon. Even in the marriage market, a person with fair skin gets married quickly then a person with dark skin. We are going to discuss some of the top home remedies for blotchy skin later in this article.
The skin color is on account of melanin production. In case too much is produced, then one appears dark. On the other hand, white patches appear on the skin in case melanin is not produced in those areas.
Some people suffer from hyperpigmentation, which is a skin disorder. Excessive exposure to sun rays results in dark skin. Naturally, one would like to undergo some form of treatment, be it medical or remedies made at home, to lessen the dark color of the skin.
Why not try out these home remedies?
Home Remedies for Blotchy Skin – Home remedies for treating dark skin
Below are some of the top home remedies for blotchy skin:
- One can prepare a mixture about 1 teaspoonful of some milk powder, 1 teaspoonful of lemon juice, 1 teaspoonful of honey, about 1/2 teaspoonful of almond oil. Apply the content on the body and then wash it off after 10 to 15 minutes. This preparation is one of the best home remedies for treating dark skin.
- Make a mixture of some dried orange peel which has been mixed with oatmeal and curd as well as tomato. Apply the mix one one’s body.
- One can apply Aloe vera gel on one’s body as it helps in lightening the dark skin.
- One can rub freshly cut tomato on the skin as it will gradually change the color of the complexion.
- One can also prepare a protein laden rich face pack by grinding soaked almonds as well as grams. Apply the paste on one’s body and let it be for about half an hour and then wash it off with water. The paste will bleach as well as nourish one’s skin.
- One can also rub slices of potato soaked in some cold water on one’s skin.
- It is good to drink lots of water in order to ensure that the skin is well hydrated. Water helps in washing away the toxins and keeps the skin glowing.
- One must apply a good sunscreen lotion to prevent the skin from getting exposed to ultra violet sun rays.
- One must not take spicy foods.
- Proper diet consisting of essential nutrients in the form of vitamins and minerals is essential for a healthy skin. It is good to take foods containing fiber, cereals and pulses etc and lots of fruits and vegetables.
- One must cover oneself well while moving out during the afternoon.
- It is better to avoid stepping out during peak hours in the day that is between 12noon to 4 P.M
- One must avoid salty as well as pungent foods.
- One can apply sandalwood over the area that is tanned.
- Cucumber is a very good home remedy.
- Shea butter protects the skin from the harsh rays of the sun.
- Arbutin neuturalizes free radicals which damage the skin, by making the skin radiant.
- Primrose oil contains anti-inflammatory properties which prevent the skin from scars as well as becoming red and blotchy.
- Allantoin heals as well as moisturizers the skin as it fights the irritants as well as toxins.
- One must control one’s stress levels.
Blotchy skin affects your looks. One can make use of simple home remedies for blotchy skin to brighten up the skin and make it glow and shine.
» Filed Under Skin Care
Leave a Reply