Home > General Remedies > Home Remedies for How to Get Rid of Roaches
Posted on July 19, 2010 in General Remedies
Roaches can be a nuisance in the house. They are found in every nook and corner of the house, particularly in the kitchen. One has to keep the house clean in order to avoid roaches. The floors must be spic and span and food must not lie around.
There are sprays that one can use to get rid of roaches. But such spray can leave foul smell. Also the spray may contaminate food items lying around.
One would like to get rid of them There are natural remedies to get rid of roaches. Here are some:
- Boric acid is very effective. One has to place the acid where one moves around. One can place underneath the cabinets, as well as behind them.
- One can use cedarcide granules
- Bay leaves can be laced near the wall. Roaches do not take to them.
- One can combine boric acid and sugar to kill them. Boric acid will eat up their stomach. Sugar will attract them towards the acid.
- Duct tape also helps in trapping the roaches.
- One can place baking soda mixed with sugar in different places.
- One can make a mix of garlic, 1 tablespoon of cavenne pepper and 1 quart of water. Allow it to soak for 1 hour. Add 1 tablespoonful of liquid soap and spray the content around the house to get rid of roaches.
- Bleach Minesol Mix is also very useful one has to mix 2 cups of bleach, 1 cup of hot boiling water and just pour it on the area where one comes across roaches.
- Use soapy water to clean up food.
- Catnip repels roaches. One keep in various corners of the house small sachets which contain catnip.
Roaches are definitely pests that must be got rid of. This can be done with the help of Home Remedies to Get Rid of Roaches.
» Filed Under General Remedies
Leave a Reply