A rash in the body folds is commonly known as intertrigo. The top layer of the skin becomes inflamed due to the moisture, bacteria or fungi present in the folds of the skin. The affected area becomes red in color.
This infection is common in warm and moist climates. Intertrigo is more common in overweight persons.
Home remedies for Intertrigo
With proper home treatment, you can cure intertrigo. So we present here some of the best home remedies for intertrigo.
- Aloe vera gel can be applied for treating intertrigo. Aloe vera has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. So it is very effective for treating intertrigo
- A cloth soaked in Malva tea could be applied to the affected area. It reduces inflammation. This is a good home remedy for intertrigo
- Antiperspirant control excessive sweating. Sweating can aggravate the condition . So antiperspirant can help in controlling intertrigo
- Use antibacterial soap for daily wash of the affected area
- Wear loose and cool cotton clothes
- Keep the area dry and exposed to air
- Overweight people should try to lose weight. Overweight people commonly sweat excessively which can worsen the condition. Losing weight will help them a lot
- Diabetics should lower or control their blood sugar for curing intertrigo
- Keep the skin as dry as possible. So follow proper hygiene