Baby acne is also known as neonotorium. It happens to be a problem that is observed in about 20 per cent of the infants. The main reason is the presence of maternal hormones among babies. Such hormones tend to remain and stimulate the sebaceous glands. These hormones tend to remain inside the baby’s body through the placenta as well as oil glands on acne like rashes on the skin. The chin, cheeks and forehead on the face of the new born tend to get filled with red pimples. Some babies also tend to have whiteheads on their face. Below we have discussed some of the effective home remedies for baby acne but in some cases doctor help might be required as these home remedies might not work fast.
Usually teenagers face this problem, but babies also get pimples. The acne tends to get transferred in the womb. Some acne might also show up on the cheek, chin or forehead.
Home Remedies for Baby Acne
Below are some of the top natural cure methods for baby acne –
- One must make use of a gentle cleanser. This can be in the form of mild soap or a baby soap. Wash the face twice in a day. Wash off the face, saliva or milk that get onto to the baby’s face. Do not let it sit far too long as this can irritate the skin.
- Drink plenty of fruits and juices in order to renew and rejuvenate the baby’s skin. Avoid eating fatty foods or rather oily foods.
- Keep one’s clothing and bedding clean. One must wash the pillow cases, bed sheets as well as toys with a mild detergent on a regular basis.
- Breast milk – Breast milk is also very useful in treating baby acne. In case the baby’s acne is getting worse then discontinue this treatment.
- Honey as well as lemon juice. One must mix 1 teaspoonful of lemon juice as well as 1 teaspoonful of honey as lemon by itself can be irritant.
- One can also give berberis acquifolium mother tincture drops. Put 5 drops in teaspoonful of water once in day for 10 days. Apply it with a swab.
- One can apply mother’s milk on the baby’s acne. This can be done if the baby is on mother’s milk.
Home remedies for baby acne is an inexpensive way to get rid of the problem but this problem sometimes might not be cured only with these remedies and doctor’s help should be taken in these cases.