The clinical term for Sinus is Sinusitis. They are found in your cheeks, in either side of the nose,at the back of the nasal cavity,between the eyes and in the forehead. Mucous Membrane is a tissue which is a thin layer found inside the nose. It protects the nose from the dust and germs that are present in the air when we breathe in.
Sinusitis is the inflammation of the mucous membrane related to any sinus. Actually there are some hollow spaces behind the bones of the face that are filled with air. We call these hollow places ‘sinuses’. When there is inflammation in the hollow places it is called sinusitis. Sinusitis may be caused due to the attack of virus, fungus or bacteria. Allergic reactions and low immunity power also lead to such a malady .Sinusitis generally occurs with the inflammation of nose.
Sinusitis causes tremendous pain and acute discomfort. There are certain antibiotics that are related to sinusitis infections. All these depend on the strains on which the patient is susceptible to. But if you want to get rid of recurring sinus infections you may try home remedies for sinusitis that are safe, non allergic and if properly used can bring an end to the disease.
There are two types of sinus infections, acute infection and chronic infection. You have to decide what type of sinus pain offers you constant discomfort. If you can do so you may easily find out the remedy quite easily.
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
- Steam inhalation – This process is not tough to follow at all. All you have to do is to take a pot full of warm water from which vapor is coming out. Now try to inhale the vapor that is going up. Go on taking this steam inhalation all through the day at least 6 or 7 times. This steam inhalation helps in the drainage of the mucus that is stuck to the membranes.
- Garlic – You may have known that garlic has a potent anti microbial and viral property. You may take half cup of garlic juice without bothering its pungent smell. Again if you add the garlic pieces to the steam inhalation you may have better result too.
- Water – Consumption of enough water helps to thin out the mucous and paves the way of drainage. Warm water also helps to offer you perfect amelioration to a great extent.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar packed with enough potassium helps to ease the sinus problems. Take two tea spoonfuls of vinegar in a bowl of warm water. Now try to sip the water in a gentle manner. Drink in this way for 4-5 times a day. This would give you enough ease as the mucous is sure to be drainaged.
- eucalyptus oil – Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a pot of warm water. Now bowing your head try to inhale for at least 15 minutes. Continue this process for 3 or 4 times a day.
When you eat something add enough black pepper to the dish. The more pungent your dishes are the more result is sure to ensue. Again never take bath in cold water. Try to have a plunge into warm water on a regular basis. Whenever you take some food take it hot all the time. Remember, it is the cold items that aggravate the situation.
- Intake of Garlic and Onion is one of the best remedy for Sinus
- Intake of Citrus juice, Herbs tea and Vegetable juice help us to prevent Sinus Infection
- Drink a lot of water and juices. It will help you to keep your nose away from the blockages
- Intake of Apple cider vinegar throughout the day in large glasses
- Boil Eucalyptus, Sodium bicarbonate and Peppermint in equal quantity. Inhale it for 20 minutes regularly
- Take hot shower on your nose and forehead. Clean mucus from sinuses. Do it twice or thrice in a day
Tips of taking care of Sinus
- Stop the usage of nose spray containing decongestant not more than for 3 days
- Consult your doctor in case you are experiencing severe sinus problem
- Drink plenty of fluids and and hot liquids
- Try lying side on the ways which will help you to breathe the best
- Inhale steam with the help of a cloth or towel
Causes Of Sinus
It can be caused by various number of allergies such as bacteria, fungi, cold and dry air, and nasal abnormalities.It can also be caused due to fever,headache,smoking, blocked feeling in the nose and pain above the eyes.
Symptoms of Sinus
- One can feel sinus when he/she is experiencing severe headache or toothache
- The pain will last for more than a week. Your nose will be blocked and nasal sound will come
- You might loss the sense of smell and taste