Lets look at some of the mouth ulcer remedies. Mouth ulcer causes redness, ulcers, blisters, and sulmucosal haemorrhages of mouth. Mouth ulcers are small whitish spots located in the inside of the cheek or the tongue or even clustered on the inner side of the lips. They are also called canker sores. When the condition is very severe, the affected person cannot drink or eat anything. This condition can be summed up as inflammation of the mouth. The affected parts includes palate, tongue, floor or tongue or even cheeks.
Causes of Mouth ulcers
Causes of mouth ulcer include different types, which includes bacteria, fungi, or even viri. This can also be caused due to heavy metals or toxicity of drugs. The other factors may include a deficiency or B Complex. Mouth Ulcer could also be a sign of other diseases like some diseases of gastrointestinal system, skin disorders or even cancer.
Primary causes of mouth ulcer are:
- Too much of acidic or spicy food.
- Minor injuries.
- Less Vitamin B2 in one's diet.
- Viral infections.
- Lack of proper rest.
Mouth Ulcer Remedies Some of the primary and effective treatments and Mouth Ulcer Home Remedies are:
- Constipation is the root cause of the Mouth ulcers. Use constipation remedies for mouth ulcer remedies.
- Take plenty of green vegetables with fruit juices daily.
- Promptly answer nature calls.
- Drink a full glass of water as soon as you get up from bed.
- Gargles with decoction mixed with hones is also a great mouth ulcer remedies.
- Holy Basil is useful in toothpaste or tooth powder form.
- Take about 4-5 leaves of some holy basil leaves and in the morning chew them. It helps in curing mouth ulcers and preventing bad smell from the mouth.
- Massage the gums with some coconut milk and honey about thrice in a day.
- One can take mulberry juice.
- Take about 1 teaspoonful of coriander seeds in about 1 cup of water and boil it to the extent it becomes warm. Gargle it about 3 to 4 times in a day.
- Mix turmeric powder ( a pinch) to a teaspoonful of glycerin and apply on the ulcers.
- It is good to have a banana along with some curd in the morning hours.
- Rinsing with Listerine prevents bad smell in the mouth as well as mouth ulcers.
- Make a solution of about 2 oz. of hydrogen peroxide, about 2 oz of water, a tablespoonful of salt as well as baking soda. Rinse the mouth with it but do not swallow it.
- One can also apply toothpaste on the mouth ulcers for relief.
- Mix a teaspoonful of fine powder of root bark of Indian Gooseberry with some honey.
- Make some paste of amla (known as Indian Gooseberry) and apply the content in the ulcers 2 to 3 times in day.
- Hot coffee and tea and very spicy food should be avoided.
- One can also have tomato juice daily.
- Apply hydrogen peroxide with a cotton swab on the ulcer. (1 part of water and 1 part of hydrogen peroxide).
- Gargle alternatively with cold and hot water. This is a simple method of treating mouth ulcers.
Symptoms of Mouth Ulcer
Symptoms of Mouth Ulcer could be many but the primary signs of Mouth ulcer could be pain in mouth and difficulty in swallowing food items. Fever could also be present in some cases and foul odor could not be ruled out as symptoms of mouth ulcer.
Prevention of mouth ulcers
- Avoid spicy or oily food.
- Avoid red meats.
- Do not have processed foods.
- Do not drink too much coffee.
- Eat salads.
- Have peppermint or green tea.